Sunday, November 9, 2008

Podcast

I use podcast normally in my iTunes at home so I haven't tried using it in Bloglines before. First I found some podcast directories with funny names. This is notable to me because if you have a funny name or odd name I'll remember it so I'll remember podcast pickle over some of the over generic sounding directory sites.

From the Pickle site, I found Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing it is added to my Blogline but I've included the link above in case anyone reading this is interested in it. The lesson this feed was the difference between cement and concrete. I picked this feed because I'm a math and science person I know that it not the normal for us library folk but grammar is not my specialty so this feed will be useful to me.

Libraries using Podcast
I think using Podcast for libraries is great. I've search one that stopped updating theirs in June. I found a University library that appear to be done once a quarter. I found other libraries both public and academic that started strong and called theirs a weekly update but they don't have a update for over a month. I started this section with names but removed the names because it seemed that was very common. If a library takes this one I think it needs to be current or your customers are not going to care about your feed.

No comments: