Sunday, November 9, 2008

10 Random Things


This is the bonus for Learn & Play. Here are 10 random things about me. For anyone that has not figured out who I am by now I am Melissa from the Help Desk. However that will soon be changing I will soon be in Organizational Development. More on that to come in a later post.

10 Random Things

  1. My sister is my best friend thanks to my mom telling us someday your sister will be the only thing you have. She currently lives in Baxter, South Carolina; which is the Charlotte metro area.
  2. My favorite dessert is ice cream. My favorite flavors are Cocoa Zin and other seasonal flavors from Jeni’s. From Handel’s I like Chocolate Cake Batter and Chocolate Handel Pops.
  3. My nephew who is 11 no longer wants to talk to me on the phone instead him and my husband share a bond over Star Wars. I’ve seen the movies but I can’t follow Clone Wars or anything beyond knowing very basics sorry Mike and Dennis.
  4. I currently have long hair however I am on the lookout for a short hairdo. I have not had hair to my shoulder since I started college. I let my hair grow for my wedding and now let it grow longer to be able to donate it for Locks of Love. Currently my hair is 13” from the base of my neck so now time to decide what style.
  5. I’ve lived in Columbus my entire life. I planned on moving at different points of my life but have never seemed to be able to leave. I love Columbus for all of its good and bad points. I love walking around at Easton in Christmastime, walking around campus, the fact you can O-H, etc.
  6. I received my masters from Kent like many of my collages here. I never set foot on the KSU campus to receive my degree so instead of attending graduation I went and got a massage. I still believe I made the right decision.
  7. My mom wanted to call me Holly or Heidi, my Dad said Holly sounded like Christmas and Heidi sounded like a pet. Well, a few years later later when I was 2 and my sister was 6 we got a miniature Schnauzer. Guess what we named her, Heidi. Her full name was Happy Heidi of Holly Hills.
  8. I went to my first outdoor rock festival concert this year at the young age of 32. The tickets were first year anniversary present to my husband and we went to Rock on the Range. It was quite the awakening for me. When we were listening to Boba Flex and closer to the stage than my comfort level I got hit in the head from a flying bottle. So, I got to visit the First Aid booth. I wanted to talk to people that I saw throwing stuff that to see if they understand the consequences of their actions and if it hits someone it really hurts. My husband didn’t let me and reasoned if they had and alcohol or substances in their system they might not be level headed.
  9. I love wearing heels, boots, and cute shoes. However due to injuries lately I have not been able to wear my cute shoes as much or my co-workers will give me a hard time.
  10. I started OSU as a double major, vocal music performance and molecular genetics. I was pre-med and trying to be a well-rounded student. I did my volunteer work over at Grant while I worked for Ann in CFD. I learned, for one, I was much happier working in the library, and two, I couldn’t deal with patients when they were a person. Basically, I could pick a different major or it would change me to be a different person. One that I didn’t know if I would like, so I picked a different major.
If you want more information about me look for me on Twitter and Facebook.

4 comments:

HeleneB said...

Ohhh.... I tell my daughters your #1 all the time. I'm glad to see that it actually works ... cause I;m not letting up :)

Helene

read2akid said...

We have so much in common! I, too, have never lived anywhere else but Columbus. I also "went" to Kent for my MLS without setting foot on the campus, but I did go to graduation. We left our car lights on and had to call campus police to give us a jump start. My daughter donated her hair to LOL (her idea); I cried when she did it. It was such a selfless act, I was so proud of her. And, I had a dachshund named Heidi growing up.

Cat Herself said...

I want to get a short haircut, too. My hair has too much gray in it for LOL to take it, though, which makes me sad. I've not found anyone that will take gray hair, even really long, healthy gray hair. Sigh. That's why I offered to dye it for SRC 2 years ago, and why I would dye it again if I could think of some fun reason. Purple becomes me, I think.

So - maybe we should do some hair style shopping together!

Jim Brochowski said...

Both of my girls have donated to Locks of Love. It is such a cool thing.

I think I will keep your #1 in the back of my head if I should ever need it. The girls get along okay now, but there are moments.

Sorry I didn't comment on this sooner. I honestly thought I had.

Your hair looks great btw.