Saturday, August 30, 2008

Flickr & Photobucket

Photobucket

I've used Photobucket for a very long time so for any co-worker reading this know that this week we are to use Flickr for our Learn & Play assignment.


First I love Flickr for searching and I used it to find photos all the time. I especially the find interesting results option that Flickr has available. Also, Flickr is defintly the more popular choice which might be why I leaned away from it I tend to look for the hidden gems, the diamods in the rough which there are plenty of choices out there to fit all of us. I'll share more of my choices that are not the given ones in futures weeks as they apply.

I'll was thinking of switching to a new photo sharing service because I just wanted to see if Photobucket was still the right one for me. I've discovered that I might look for other choices Flickr will not be the one I settle on. It has neat features the major downside for me is 100 MB upload per month. I tend to not upload for a while then have a lot of things to upload due to vacations and trips and this size will not work for me. Also, I prefer how Photobucket gives you the html code for posting into Myspace or other places for each picture.

Overall, I don't think one is a clear choice over the other for every person I think it is a personal choice.

(The photo here is from Photobucket from Olentangy Indian Cavern. The Newport Photo is from Flickr.)

2 comments:

ThunderChyld said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Thanks for stopping by my page.

--ThunderChyld

Maria said...

This is a very nice picture of you and Mike. Looks like you had fun at the Newport?